Wednesday, June 15, 2011

26 weeks


Coming closer to the end of pregnancy brings on new changes. Yesterday at my yoga class our mantra was, "I love my changing body." I am trying to embrace the changes that my body undertakes every day. It is hard though when so many of the changes bring about aches and pains. I got the worst leg cramp last night while I was sleeping. I think I scared Joshua half to death as I screamed out in pain. My leg still hurts today. And I could complain about how my feet and back hurt. I think all of these changes though remind me how important it is to nurture my body.

I am committed to doing some form of exercise every day. I usually walk to and from work every day, and I have been going to yoga 1-2 times a week. And I am thinking about going swimming this weekend. Exercise has taken on a whole new experience. I find it a great time to not only rejuvenate myself but is also a great time to connect with the baby growing inside me. Yoga has been a continually changing process, as some poses are ever so challenging with a pregnant body while some seem easier or more comforting as I seem to have developed more flexibility in areas. My body craves the movement from exercise, and it always feels good to stretch my body through these aches that I have never felt before.

I am also trying to accept and love the way my body looks as it is changing. I did not think I would be so self conscious about my belly but sometimes it just looks huge to me! And I think, gosh it is only June.. how much bigger will it get? Or I think how I just look fat rather than pregnant. I was actually surprised that I have been having these feelings as I have always thought pregnant women look so beautiful. It's one thing to see a cute pregnant woman and then see myself in the mirror. I'm learning to embrace my changing body though. My belly is an ever constant reminder that I no longer have just me to worry about in this world. I have a huge responsibility to nourish myself with good foods and treat my body with love as I am growing a new person inside of me! At night, I love laying down and looking at my belly as it moves. My belly sometimes looks like waves as little seamonkey swims around.

Yesterday, I was somewhat comforted to know that people are beginning to notice that I am pregnant. I was asked for the first time if I am pregnant. People may have been noticing for a while but have not felt comfortable asking. I am always embarrassed to have people talk about me (especially my body) but was relieved to know that others are concluding I am pregnant rather than just fat.

I think now might be a good time to treat my body to a massage or something else completely relaxing. It's hard work making a baby!

Picture is of me at 26 weeks, 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment